Friday, March 23, 2007

Yujiro at almost thirteen


Time passes so quickly, I didn't realised we are almost at the end of March 2007. I checked my inbox this morning and found my sister, Sue's invitation for Yujiro and Jun Hua's birthday party next week.

Yujiro is turning thirteen on Monday and Jun Hua, one year old. I can still remember when I first held Yujiro in my arms. I went to see my sister and Yujiro at the hospital after work with a friend. He was so tiny and scrawny and I just fell in love with him instantly. He was like a son to me and I used to take him to work with me on weekends.

Two weeks ago, I called for my sister and Yujiro answered the phone. He sounded like a man - it caught me by surprise. When I was back home in December, he was still a little boy and then not long after, he sounded like a duck and then an ox. Finally, he sounded like a man and I was surprised. I am not prepared to accept him as an adult yet as he will always be the little scrawny baby I held in my arms.

Great memories flood into my mind as I am writing this blog. Not long before I married my ex, Yujiro used to say "When I grow up, I will make lots of money and buy you a house". And then I replied, "what about a car?" and then he said in an innocent manner, "and that as well". Although, I knew he didn't really know what he was talking about, it made me feel good.

Few months after the wedding, I was to join my husband in England. I was at one point reluctant to leave, my worry was - I will miss watching Yujiro grow up. But I left anyway.

He is turning thirteen and the next time I see him, he might be introducing his girlfriend to me. My only wish for him now is, he will always be happy - whether it's studies, job, love or family.

Sar Ee (third auntie) will always love you!

No comments: