Tuesday, March 20, 2007

It did snow a little today but the ground was too wet for the snow to set.

I was chatting to a friend today and the subject of Feng Shui and spirits was discussed. She recently moved into a house by the beach with her young son and husband. Since they arrived, they all seem to get sick one after the other and she said it could be bad "Feng Shui". I told her it could be because her house is by the beach and the cold wind could be the cause of their ill health. Anyway, I told her not to scare herself or she may end up "seeing" something .... which is what the human mind does. Once you put an idea into your head, you may just see things.

When Alex was about 8 weeks old, we went to visit his grandparents' home. I was still breast-feeding then and had to go to one of the rooms for privacy to nurse my son. It was Jeremy's late grandmother's room and she passed away some years ago - I have never met her. It was a warm day outside but this particular room seem to be very cold. So, I quickly did my business and walked out saying nothing.

That night, Jeremy was working late shift and I was home alone with Alex. After feeding Alex, I had to burp him and then ..... he looked at the curtain, smiling and his head following something .... moving across the room. At this point, I was totally freaked out .... I could feel the hair on my back standing. Alex refused to sleep and kept smiling and making noises as if he was talking to someone.

Finally, I said "Alex needs to sleep now, please let him sleep". As if by magic, Alex stopped playing and went to sleep. I could not sleep that night. I dare not look around either .... just wrapped myself real tight under the duvet and wait for day break.

I thought .... perhaps, Jeremy's late grandmother's spirit followed us home. Because not that long after her passing, Jeremy stayed the night in her room and he felt a presence. He could not move nor scream .... just saw a gray figure that resembled his grandmother. He told me this a few weeks before our visit to his parents' home.

Could it be my imagination because he told me the story, or was it her spirit who followed us home?

Alex still look at one particular painting in our room and smiled to her. I chose to think it was his Guardian Angel and not anything else.

No comments: