Thursday, March 08, 2007

I was made to choose between a vacuum cleaner and a compact digital camera for Mother's Day.
Our supposedly new vacuum cleaner gave up on us today and I can count the number of times I used it. This goes back to about two Christmases ago, when I asked for a new vacuum cleaner and of course my wish was granted. Jeremy got one from Ebay for half the RRP (recommended retail price) - I was happy and he was happy until when I used it for the third time, it stopped working. When it got hot, it won't go and I had to wait for it to cool down before I could continue and that would normally be 24 hours later. So, I completely lost interest in cleaning (one may think that it's an excuse. Hey! Give me the right tool and I'll work miracle!) and to make matter worst, the seller was no longer an ebay registered member. So, we have a half working vacuum cleaner and no where to return to - FALSE ECONOMY. Never again from dodgy ebay sellers!! It cost Mr. Green £70.00 and my heart bleeds.
Anyway, I was looking at a KODAK V705 camera and wanted to get one (my existing camera is a SLR camera and it's quite bulky, hard to carry it with me all the time). I wanted to take more pictures of Alex, of stuff around me to share them in my blog. Since I wasn't working and Jeremy is the only breadwinner in the family, I will have to sacrifice one. It's so hard to choose ....... If I chose the vacuum, it would mean I have to do housework .... ha ha ha
Looks like no competition then .... camera will have to wait and to anyone out there who is looking to get me something ..... wink... wink....

1 comment:

(c) 2016 Written by Andrew Batt said...

So there's a small market for a vaccum cleaner with a built-in digital camera. I wonder if Kodak and Hoover executives read your blog?
On a side note, there used to be someone on Bracknell market that fixed vaccum cleaners and the like. Might be worth seeing if he is still there?