Monday, March 05, 2007

My little rascal is trying to get my attention. Blogging has been my therapy for almost three weeks now and my dear son is trying to stop me tonight. Looking adorable, he used me as a stepping stone and climbed up the desk right in front of my monitor. Well, sad to say, he didn't always have his way. He got bored with mummy giving him hugs and kisses that he ran to the next room to play pretend.

The SENCO came by his nursery today to observe him. We didn't get to talk to her as she left before Jeremy arrived. Jenni told Jeremy that Caroline, the SENCO told her that she was not qualified to diagnose Alex and that she was concerned with his speech. She gave Jenni her number for us to call her if we have any questions. Now that sounded familiar but no help though. We rang her but it was her answering machine that answered our call, left a message to call us back - watch this space.

Why is it that no one is willing to say anything for sure? Could they be worried if they diagnose him wrongly, they get sued. We are turning into a blame society, unable to take responsibilities for ourselves. Burn yourself from drinking coffee - sue McDonald's. Slippery pavement - sue the Council and now we make ourselves looked like idiots because of all these ambulance chasing lawyers. At every corner we turned, they spelt the obvious "CAUTION HOT" on coffee cups - as if we don't know.

Perhaps the best bet is to wait for the letter from Margaret Wells to be save.

5 comments:

Daily Kopitiam said...

Hey sis, I know how you feel. Been there and done that. Just take it easy and wait for the report from SENCO and Margaret. Once you know for sure, you can act and do what's best for Alex and if the report is favourable, then you can heave a sigh of relief. It will make no difference as to your feelings for him 'coz he's been the same boy all these years. It is my sincere hope that things will turn out fine 'coz I wouldn't want you to go through what I have gone through and still am. I keep finding myself having to explain my son's or my own actions. I also have people passing comments about how I am being over reactive or how I am not doing enough!!!! So there!! My proudest moment was last Saturday when I went for a CNY gathering for some HSBC friends. They were so impressed by the kids and told me that I did a really good job with them. Take pride in what you do for Alex and as long as YOU feel you have done your best, be satisfied. Be strong and call me if you need to talk, ok?

(c) 2016 Written by Andrew Batt said...

I agree with Trixie. Just do the best you can for Alex; that's all you can do. You've got a great family and some good friends, so you're never alone.

(c) 2016 Written by Andrew Batt said...

I forgot to say that I agree with you about the 'blame' culture. One of the best I have seen is 'CAUTION: May contain nuts" on a packet of peanuts. I would hope it did otherwise I would want a refund. It's obviously aimed at those with a nut allergy but that's just going too far.

Christine Hoh said...

That's a good one Andrew. I'll like a refund too ;-)

Sue said...

dear sis, this is testing page. I have tried to comment twice with long pages but failed. testing this time only. will post comment once this page goes through