Sunday, March 25, 2007

Yujiro and Erin (Best of friends) Left to Right: taken in Summer 1996 and February 2000
o o
^
O
Guess what I found in the attic today? A whole box of old photos and many many rolls of APS films but don't know where the prints are. I am going to send the APS for image transfer to CD in the next few days and then upload it onto PICASA.
Yujiro and Erin was the two oldest grandchild for a long long time and then out of the blue came the rest in short intervals. When Erin visits, they play together like siblings - yes, they fight like one as well ;-)
Anyway, I spoke to Erin today and she has grown so much. She still sound like a little girl but she talks like a teenager. I just can't wait to see her again - the earliest would be (if all goes well) Summer next year. She will be flying to England to see us on her own!
While clearing some boxes, I found a file full of artwork - from Erin, Joshua and Yujiro (mostly Erin). They made birthday cards with glitters and I will treasure them forever. One day, when I am old and ready to go, I will send their finest work back to them and for them to share with their own family. But for the moment, they are for me to keep and I am so glad I have them.

2 comments:

(c) 2016 Written by Andrew Batt said...

The picture on the right is exactly how I remember Erin and Yujiro. I'm sure they'll love you in future years for posting their pictures on here!

Sue said...

I love you sis,this is definately a good surprise to see the baby pictures again and how come I don't have the swim suit babies for my keeping. I just wonder how they both will feel when they see these pictures again, hahaha! keep posting old pictures.