Friday, March 30, 2007

I received an email from my travel agent today. The direct flight price to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia is quite cheap. I suddenly have an urge to join my sister Adrinna and her children in KL this summer. Sadly, I cannot ......

Reason One: We are saving for our very important trip to Florida next year - Erin's bar mitzvah, a religious initiation ceremony of a Jewish boy/girl who has reached the age of 13. I promised her that I will be there.

Reason Two: We are buying another car - priority

Reason Three (the most important): Alex started to settle in his nursery and if I take him away again for a couple of months, we will be starting from scratch again. It's not fair to him at all.

I suppose .... I am a bit of a Nomad. I cannot get settled in a place for a long period of time and when I do, I felt like going away again. This could be because of my childhood. I lost count of the number of times we moved home since I could remember things.

For Alex's sake, I have to learn to get settled myself. I want to give him all that I do not have as a child.

Don't get me wrong .... we were loved dearly by our parents and they give us the best they could - we were better off then a lot of people.

No comments: