Thursday, March 08, 2007

"Sauce pan lid" and "Dog & bone" are just two examples of cockney slang (originated from London) meaning kids and phone. Why can't the English be more straight to the point?
I am quite tolerant on normal days but today is different. Why? Because my sleep was interrupted twice last night by Alex plus, I woke up with a headache. Hence,

lack of sleep + headache = one unhappy Bunny!

I was preparing a light lunch for us this afternoon and asked if Jeremy would like a smoothies. And his answer was "Hmmm...... (delay for 10 seconds, then) I don't mind a sausage roll." Now, tell me .... what has a smoothies got in common with a sausage roll? And that wasn't the question I asked in the first place. An easy and straight to the point answer would be much appreciated like "yes, please" or "no, thank you".

I just don't understand why the English in general, go through so much trouble with the language, when a majority of them cannot speak properly. Most foreigner speaks better and more proper English than the English does.

A good example, some area of England particularly those brought and bred in Berkshire would drop the "t" in words like "Compu'er", "wa'er" and "fil'er". Pronunciation for words like "Woolwich" is Woolich" and "Fenwick" is Fenick. So, why bother putting in the "W" in the first place when they are silent?

When I first arrived in the UK, my ex will laugh at the way I speak or pronounce words. He calls them "Christinism". Until today, after 8 years, Jeremy is still laughing at the way I speak. He find it extremely cute and adorable. Should I take it as a compliment?

No comments: