Monday, March 19, 2007

I was expecting snow today but it didn't arrive - just an icy windscreen and a cold cold day.

I was suppose to take Jeremy to work and then Alex to nursery but I decided not to at the very last minute. I do not like driving in snow or icy road.

When I first arrived in the UK, I thought yippee .... snow but then I drove to work and met with an accident. It wasn't a bad one but enough to deter me from driving again in the snow. I was not experienced enough to handle the car and did not know that I am not supposed to brake when its icy. Well, I know now and do not wish to try again. Having said that, if I do not fight this fear of mine, I won't be able to perform my duty.

I have no fear when I was young ... or at least I thought so. I used to be an adrenalin junkie - I'll go on the highest and most exciting ride in the park. I could watch horror movie in the dark all by myself but now, since I became a mum .... I could not watch horror movie and I go all giddy on a ride. All my friends seem to say the same thing - once you turned into a mum, you have fear.

Mothers could forget the pain they endured during childbirth and take all the rubbish that life throws at them but they are afraid of Roller Coasters. Isn't it ironic?

No comments: