Tuesday, March 13, 2007

To my sisters Sue and Trixie.

I was flipping through a magazine this afternoon and saw a birthday cake decorated in silver balls on the side. It reminded me of my Six years old birthday cake which brought back the memories of Birthday cakes.
When we were young, we were not well off. Neither were we poor but our parents made sure that we were never lack of the basic necessities and the occasional luxuries. Buying a birthday cake would be too expensive but my sister, Trixie baked me a cake on my tenth birthday. I remembered it was a chocolate topping cake and I have some pictures to prove it. They are currently in my attic and when I do find them, I will post it in my blog.

Thank you Trixie
My birthday falls on Christmas day. One Christmas, I think it was my sixth or seventh birthday. My sisters Sue and Trixie, dressed me in a homemade Angel outfit. They made wings using gold papers and a wired wand to go with my white dress. They then took me to see my mum at the hairdressers a few blocks away. I remember that night very well. My dad played "Silver Bells" and "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas" on the stereo. These two are my all time favourite Christmas songs. I never really thought about it in the past, why I liked them. Now that I am travelling back to memory lane, I know why.
Thank you Sue

No comments: