Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Been feeling off today. Fine when I woke up but then all of a sudden I felt quizzy and massive headache. Took two Neurofen and it all went away.

Alex had it worst then me, he hasn't been well for the past two days with the sudden change of weather and temperature. He's had stuffy and runny nose which made it hard for him to sleep at night.

While recovering, I watched a documentary about families with ten children or more. Watching these mothers with their children, my problem seemed rather small. They have gone through at least ten potty trainings and so much to do, they don't even have a minute to themselves. I salute them and really, they still want more. One couple already had 13 children, youngest is two is still trying for number 14. The wife is 42 years old and she has been taking hormones and when that didn't work, they went to a doctor for IVF. She has had nine miscarriages over the years and yet, she is still determined to have more. What a brave woman!!!

When I had my miscarriage two years ago, I was devastated. I was having post natal blues when we got pregnant again - Alex was just six months old.

Alex was not responding well to me then and I felt really bad - I thought my son didn't love me (of course, that was the work of depression). So, when I found out that I was pregnant again, I wanted this one to be mine and that this baby will love me. Then, the fetal stop growing at 8 weeks - I was crushed.

For sometime after that, I found myself mourning for the baby I almost had. Jeremy was always there for me when I felt depressed. We then decided, we will not have anymore children. We will concentrate on our Alex and give him the best that we could.

Having just the one child really does have its disadvantages, we worried too much and always felt that we haven't done enough.

My parents have five children and they have never had this problem - worrying that we would never talk or even if by chance that we have some sort of disability.

I supposed if you have more than one child, there are far more to worry about and you just get on with life.

No comments: