Monday, December 31, 2007

I can't believe it's new year's eve today.

In another 4 hours and 46 minutes, it would be 2008. We've just finished dinner - leftovers from Boxing Day and we've done the Wednesday lotto as well. You'll never know when your luck comes and for a Chinese, the number 8 is an auspicious number. I believe 2008 will be a good year for us.

We've not been out of the front door all day today and yesterday. Just felt like "chilling out" for a change as we've always rush about when Jeremy's off from work. It seemed like we have been doing the same old thing each week and got really tired of it. The problem with Jeremy is, he felt that if we don't go anywhere when he's off from work it's like wasting his days. I told him that the whole idea of "off days" are to rest. He get stressed and in a really bad mood when he doesn't have enough rest, then he takes it out on me. I call those his "Male PMS" and ignore them most of the time.

Two days ago, I had enough. I was having my PMS (as well) and got really tired of always on the receiving end. I told him, if you love someone, no matter how bad a mood you are in or how sick or uncomfortable you are, you never, NEVER take it out on the person you love. This is call RESPECT. I don't take it out on him or Alex when I am not well, or tired or having my PMS? I control my action because I know, if I say something I don't mean, I cannot take it back because it's already out there. I had an apology and a promise that he will bear that in mind - and try (fingers crossed) not to do it again.

Now, that's one loose end tied in 2007 and looking forward to a stress free Jeremy in 2008. Having said that, he starts his year by working a twelve hour shift again tomorrow. Waking up at 5:30am, leaving for work in a cold and icy road, greeted by a noisy and busy airport and starts his shift at 7:00am. So, how stress free can that be?

It's a tradition that everyone makes a New Year resolution every year hoping that we will keep at least 50% of what we supposedly planned. Well, here goes ......

  1. Visit somewhere different each time Jeremy has his "off days";
  2. Restart my web designing course and stick to it routinely;
  3. Lose one dress size;
  4. OK ....... routinely clean the house (he he he); and
  5. Do the laundry more than once a week;

So, priority will go to the first two if I can only achieve 50% of my resolution. Looks like "Hasta L'Vista" to losing weight and house chores (ha ha ha).

I don't know what else I want to change as I am really contented with life. I am grateful that we have roof over our head, food on the table, our health (although, we've been sick quite a bit, but we don't have a life threatening illness), our family, our friends and people who really care about Alex.

If I could make a wish for New Year, I wished that all my family and friends will have good health and contentment in their lives.

A toast to Good Health, Life, Love and Happiness.

Happy New Year everyone.

No comments: