Sunday, December 16, 2007

How much does he understand?

I am keeping this as a note for the NAS Early Bird Program.

Alex woke up at 5:30 this morning when Jem was preparing to work. My twinkle toe other half could never be quiet to safe his life - anyway, I was up almost all night coughing my guts out again - yes, I know ..... I am such a whooze? and waking up is not something I want to do this early in a cold winter morning.

I said to Alex, "Go back to sleep" and the ever defiant Alex would say "No" and I lost count of the number of times I said it - the answer was always the same. So, I changed the sequences of the words "Sleep back go", "back go sleep" and "go sleep back" each time, he looked at me in surprise. I wonder if he recognise the word or the way it was said. In this instance, I think it's more the latter as he cannot pick up that the main word is "sleep".

It's quite interesting to know how Alex process information. At times, he seem to understand everything we say and other times, he appeared to have no clue to what we were saying.

Something new to learn everyday.

No comments: