Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Am I getting old?

My throat's dry, I need a drink .......

Went to the kitchen, discovered that all the glasses are in the dishwasher (cleaned) and took one out. Thought to myself, might as well put all the clean stuff away...... one thing lead to another, everything is where it needs to be and then walked out the kitchen .... still thirsty.

I am definitely getting old. Called my mum today and she reminded me that "Winter festival" is on the 22nd of December. I told her I won't be celebrating but she reminded me that I will be one year older whether I celebrate or not. Well, "that's a bugger" I kept reminding myself that I am always a year younger than my peers born in the same year (my birthday is on the 25th) and with this additional one year, I will be FORTY!

Chinese have a way to make one older than they should. You are already one year old the second you come out from your mother's womb. So, on December 22nd, I will be 39 and turn 40 on December 25th. But I should be 38 if you count based on my year of birth - if that make sense?

I feel young inside, I can't act my age, I jump about, dance about and act silly in front of my son. How can I be forty?

I sometimes wonder if other people feel the same? Don't feel their age and age is just a number.

No comments: