Sunday, December 02, 2007

Urgghhh .... it's the second of December today!

Where did time went? It's twenty three days to Christmas, and then another seven to 2008. We have decided to decorate BIG TIME for Christmas this year, to celebrate all the good things in life and ..... I am turning 38 on Christmas day!

Isn't that wonderful? Ha ha ha

Alex said "Hello" very clearly yesterday when Jeremy walked in the door. He also said "Go Home" when we were at his grandparents' house. His speech is coming along and I suspect he can say those words when he wants to. As soon as you ask him to repeat, he clamped up and hum the sound of the word.

He discovered Garfield and is hooked. Thanks to his Grandmother .... (ha hah a) we could memorise the scenes of both movies and backwards too. He had to watch at least twice a day and when he wants Garfield, he has this very cute grin on his face. We knew what he wanted and we gave in - who can resist that cute little button nose?

He wants Garfield again ..... as I am writing this. It's a feel good show I must admit and Bill Murray did a great job with Garfield's voice. It reminded me so much of Bill, my brother in law - the way he talks, the sarcasm (playfully) and even the way Garfield laid on the couch, looked like Bill. I didn't imagine that, Jeremy noticed that too when we first watch the show.

Anyway, it's been raining for three days now and I really hope it will stop in the next two days - just so we could put the Christmas decoration outside. I just love to look at Jeremy's face when I said "let's put an inflatable Santa on our front yard and rein deers and sleigh with lots of light above the garage". It's hilarious to watch his face when I said that ..... "No ... no .... no way". Where is the spirit of Christmas?

We both believe less is more and if we over do it, it's going to look bad. We like it simple and yet festive. Two years ago, I put a live Christmas tree outside our front door with some ornaments and lights - it looked good. So, I am going to the Garden centre in the next few days to get a nice tree for outside and take the artificial tree from the attic for inside. Yes, Alex .... we need a fake tree inside.

I am just so excited. I am like a kid when it comes to decorating the Christmas tree. Twenty Three Days to Christmas!

No comments: