Friday, May 18, 2007

We went to see the Speech Therapist today.

Alex is definitely not co-operating with her. Partly because he is tired - the appointment was at 3:00pm and that's when Alex naps in the afternoon. Yes, he is back to his old routine, his daily naps.

He walks around a lot, and refused to do what he was asked to. Both Jeremy and I sat there and tried not to interfere.

The therapist, a locum from South Africa is only here for a three-month contract and is leaving end of next week. She will put her recommendation forward to expedite his case.

Meanwhile, we were advised to play taking turn games with Alex to encourage language and interaction.

I think we are heading towards the right direction and I am quite confident that Alex will do well.

Oh, by the way - I was quite surprised to learn that Alex knows his ABCs. I was showing him some alphabet flash cards last night and asked him to show me which is A and B. He got them both correctly and I thought it might just be by chance or he memorised the sequences. I then took the M and K card - I asked him which is which? He got them both correct as well. I didn't want to continue as it was late, so .... I guess ..... we have a tiny genius here ;-)

No comments: