Monday, May 21, 2007

We didn't do much today .... just recovering from yesterday.

Alex was quite chatty today and on few occasion, he really surprised us. We were invited to dinner at Jeremy's parents'. On our way there, Alex was really cheery and happy. We passed Windsor Great Park and there was a herd of cows roaming in the open field, Alex pointed at them and said "mmmmmm" (that's his way of saying cow).

Then, we used a different way to go to his grandparents' house and as soon as we passed the normal entrance to use the second entrance, he moaned because we did not turn in. It really surprised us how he knew that?

He had a great time at his grandparents and as usual, they spoil him. When it was time to go, he didn't really want to leave. On our way back, he did the same again, pointing at things along the way asking me to tell him what they were. If I did not respond, he will call out "Ma" - it's good that he is aware of his surrounding now.

Got home and had his shower, sat on my lap and we watched a DVD together. We borrowed "Happy Feet" from my mother-in-law and I thought he would like that since we have seen quite a few penguins in the zoo. First fifteen minutes of the show, he was quite happy watching it and all of a sudden, he cried with stream of tears rolling down his cheek and with such sadness in his cry .... I was baffled.

Then I realised why, Mumbo the baby penguin fell into the hole when a few vicious bird trying to eat him. I don't know if he was crying because he was afraid for Mumbo or the music in the scene. But he was crying with great emotion and sob for the next five minutes.

I don't know what this means but I am writing this down for my own record.

No comments: