Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Sending Alex to nursery is the best thing we've done for him.

Today in school, they all sang "twinkle twinkle little star" and Alex sang the loudest (hummed actually) but anyhow, the carers were really pleased with him. When the other children were being noisy, he stood up and said "shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh". The way the carer described it made me so proud of my little boy.

Tonight, before bedtime - my little boy tidy up his toys without being told to. When Jeremy saw what he was doing, he wanted to say "good boy" but I stopped him. Knowing my son very well, if we said anything while he's doing it, he would stop and mess the whole place up again. So we let him finish and then praised him.

I am really happy with his progress. He likes pointing at things and ask me to tell him what they were. If he point at something and I didn't respond to him, he will say in a high pitch "MUM" and I had to respond immediately. If I don't, he would scream his lungs off.

We hope to take him somewhere nice for a long weekend soon. He pointed at a Ferry - a Brittany Ferry commercial on television tonight. I told him that it's a ferry and he smiled. I asked if he would like to go on one and he said "MUM" means yes. "Mum" means many different things but I could tell from his tonality. We are communicating and I really believe that it's anytime soon now - he WILL talk.

No comments: