Wednesday, May 09, 2007

It's been a weird sort of day but I am glad it's over.

I did not sleep well at all last night - Alex woke me at 2am, then at 4am and finally at 5am and wanted to play and not sleep. So, Jeremy got up and took him downstairs and let me sleep. I woke up at 10am and then Jeremy went back to sleep.

Then took Alex with me to Sainsburys for food shopping and my little monster helped me load the cart up - he he he. He was such a helpful boy and did not make much fuss - except the occasional - mummy I need a hug whine.

Got home, he wanted to sleep - put him down for a nap with Jeremy and I started filling in my application form for a job. I need to work and I cannot bear the thought of not earning my own money and ask Jeremy for it. I have been earning my own money since the day I left school in 1986 - so, it's hard for me to ask for money from anyone.

Cooked, fed my boy and then rush out again for Finance and Management meeting at the school - I am one of the Community Governors for our local school.

Alice, my ex's mother came over to babysit Alex (she came last week as well when I went for another meeting at the school). I am just so glad that she came and Alex loved her. I could just walk out the house and he made no fuss. If it's anyone else, you can hear him from a mile - they have this instant rapport - maybe it's because their birthday is one day apart .... I don't know but I can see that Alice is really happy to be with him.

I got back at 8:30pm .... Alice left ..... Alex surprised me ..... he tidied up his play area without being told. He then brought his building blocks to me and wanted me to play with him.

Now... I know why he tidied up his toys ..... I always insists that he can only play one thing at a time and that if he wants to play something else, he has to tidy up first. And he did just that. I am so proud of him.

I am going to bed now - with a smile.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Hip Hip Hooray, Alex! Tua Ee is very proud of you. Christine -Please tell Alex Tua Ee is giving him a BIG HUGGY HUG for being such an angel.

(c) 2016 Written by Andrew Batt said...

It's great to read what my Mum is up to here before she even tells me ! ;-)
Alex is a wonderful kid and progressing every single day. Keep it up - you'll get there.