Saturday, May 26, 2007

It's two in the morning and I can't get back to sleep. The nights are getting warmer - I had to put the fan on, the blinking thing is so noisy ...... I can't hear my own dream.

Anyway, it's been extremely difficult to update my blog everyday as Alex is very possessive. It used to be just the phone thing - you know, he ignored you all day and as soon as you pick the phone up (once in a blue moon) to have a decent adult conversation? That's when all of a sudden, you are the most important thing in the whole wide world and everything cannot wait, your urgent attention's required. Well, the same thing happened when I turned the computer on.

Well, at least some peace for now and taking this opportunity while my young prince is snoring away in our bed.

While tossing and turning trying to get back to dreamland, I actually made a promise to GOD. I said "GOD, please make Alex talk, not just talk, it has to make sense - you know, like a normal child? I promise I will help raise fund for National Autistic Society or even Margaret Wells-Furby to help more people who, are in a position like ours".

I know this sounded desperate. But, I am desperate .... Alex wants to communicate and he can't. I can feel his frustrations and I also know that he wants to share with me more than just cuddles and kisses. He wants to tell me his day at school, he wants to tell me how much he enjoys going to Chessington or Marwell or all the fun things we did together.

We've got a call from Christina from Margaret Wells yesterday (Friday) afternoon. She said that there is one extra place in their Family Support Group on Wednesday afternoons and if I would like to take the offer. We could start as early as next week. Now that's a bummer, Alex goes to nursery on Wednesdays and we don't really want to interrupt his routine. There is one other group on Tuesdays but they won't start for another month. I really really want help and support as soon as possible - I took the offer. We will just have to pick Alex up from the nursery half and hour earlier and miss his afternoon nap.

Kate, the Health Visitor called again on Thursday afternoon. She said she's got Alex's report and asked if we were satisfied with the diagnosis and if there's anything else we need. We made an appointment to meet next Friday afternoon. I thanked her for getting the wheels in motion so quickly and she said that it's her job. I know, it's her job but she did it very well. If everyone does their job as well as she did, the world would be a better place.

I better get back to bed before my prince wakes up in three hours time. He has been waking up at six every morning and is driving me insane.

One word of advise - Never take things that we think comes naturally for granted. Because it ain't!

No comments: