Sunday, April 22, 2007

We went to the Funfair tonight.

I thought I'll take him to experience a bit of a night life - he hehe.

There were so many rides there but many aren't suitable for toddlers. I saw those rides and I wished Jeremy was there with me, so I could go on them and he watch Alex - Jeremy's on night shift today.

Watch the video and you'll see Alex kind of enjoyed it but towards the end, he didn't want to get off. He then lead me to the Bumper cars but he's too young to go on them. He didn't want to go on any of the rides for babies/toddler and continued to pull my hand, taking me around the Funfair. He liked the lights and music but because there were quite a few trouble makers there and Jeremy's not with us, we had to leave soon after.

Got home and baked a cake for tomorrow. I promised the staff at Margaret Wells Children Centre that I'll bake a cake last week. Half way through, Alex was screaming and wanted me to hold him. I turned around and realised what the commotion was about, he saw a spider. He was so frighten of it that he kept digging his head into my chest. Thank god it's well padded (he hehe). I took him upstairs and he sat on the study room floor and I had to go downstairs to check on the cake, he then screamed again and I thought he hurt himself and ran straight up. He was pointing at the spider and cried - I have never seen him so upset before and I guess he is starting to experience fear. It's a good sign and I am glad he showed other emotion besides laughter. As a baby, I seldom hear Alex cry - we thought he was a contented baby and never did we thought otherwise. He only started to laugh whole heartedly about three weeks ago and now fear.

In the past, a day is just another day and nothing seemed significant enough to put in my diary. Alex surprise me everyday and I now look forward to a new day.

No comments: