Wednesday, April 04, 2007

The mail man brought great news today!

We received a letter from Margaret Wells-Furby this morning and it made my day. We will be meeting the consultants on Tuesday, 10th April in the morning. And then the assessment on every Monday for four consecutive weeks starting 16th of this month. I rang Jeremy at work immediately and told him the good news plus asking him to ring his parents if they could baby sit Alex next Tuesday. They agreed immediately and after that I had to ring Alex's nursery to change the Mondays to Wednesdays. Everything went so smoothly today that I could jump for joy!

I am all prepared for anything and thank my sisters for their encouragements and comments. Whatever will be will be and we will still love him dearly. I know that everyone meant well and wanted to assure me that everything will turn out alright but sometimes, like I say - the not knowing is the killer. If Alex is diagnose with any condition, at least we know that we can help him at this very early stage. If we just let nature takes it course, it may be too late and we would blame ourselves in the future for not doing anything sooner.

To celebrate today, I baked another cake and this time I did put in the main ingredient. I made plum cake and Alex loved it. He wanted seconds but I said "no".

I also cooked a curry for Jeremy and while we were having dinner, an old client that I used to work for rang. He wanted me to help him with his new restaurant but I had to decline. He wouldn't take no for an answer and insisted that I think about it. I told him that I will ring him back with my decision after Tuesday. It's quite nice to know that you're wanted for something and people can't take no for an answer. I must have done something right for him in the past or I wouldn't have to decline him twice. I met him once last year and declined his offer as I had to go back to Malaysia to see my family.

Could the stars be in the right place for me today? I have not read my horoscopes for a long long time and perhaps I should start..... or maybe not.

Oh, by the way - it's really sunny and bright today.

3 comments:

Sue said...

Good News sis, glad you both are happy now. Whatever happened, I assure you the sky will always be shinning bright. In another word, dark cloud won't stay too long.
Love, Tai Kah Cheh

(c) 2016 Written by Andrew Batt said...

Great news!

Unknown said...

Wow! The plums made it in. Yeah!!!!
I am glad everything is going well today. So happy for you. Tell you what, the weather IS crazy. It got really cold here today too. From 80's yesterday to 60's today. But still no rain. My allergy is starting to get real bad with no rain and lots of pollen that needs be washed away.