Sunday, April 08, 2007

Sunny and bright all day.

It's Neville's 65th Birthday party tonight. Happy Birthday Neville .... (Neville is my ex's father. Is there such a term as ex father-in-law?)

My relationship with my ex's family are quite good even though I am no longer married to their son. Alex knows them as Grandpa Neville and Grandma Alice. Even immediate relatives like Neville's father and sisters, we kept in touch, they send Alex Christmas and Birthday presents every year. They are considered my family in England and I am very proud and honoured to have them as my family.

Shown here in the video is Alex's first skittle game. Mummy helped obviously but he totally enjoyed the night. He did his victory dance when everyone cheered. He was the only baby invited to the party with close to 30 other guests. All the guests are Neville's family, friends and neighbours - most of them known me from the days when I first arrived in UK.

Andrew (my ex) and Tanya his partner made a special visit flying 7,000 miles from Bangkok to surprise Neville. When we arrived at the party, I could see quite a few familiar faces besides the relatives and they were really surprised to see me. You could see it from their faces - hmm .... what's the ex-wife doing here with her new man and child? At the other end of the room is the ex-husband and his new woman? To many, it could be a strange sight but we actually get along really well - in fact, Alex likes Andrew and Tanya. And they in turn adored him.

Tanya is good for Andrew. I do hope that he finally found happiness with Tanya as I did with Jeremy.

No comments: