Saturday, April 14, 2007

Sunny, lazy day with no incentive to move a muscle.

After yesterday's therapeutic burning session, I am all burnt out. I can't find an ounce of energy to do anything except cooking for my dearly beloved before he goes to work.

I have been watching tv all day while my little Alex naps and I am still not up to date yet. I have recorded almost twenty hours worth of series that I didn't have time to watch. I finished with my favourites i.e. Ugly Betty, Desperate Housewives, Criminal Minds, Close to Home and NCIS. CSI still to come and I think I am TVed out (if there is such a word).

We spent so much time out the garden with Alex that we hardly watched any television. Alex loved the swing and it's really nice to see him laugh and enjoy something this much.

He hasn't been doing his hand flapping as much as he used to lately. I taught him to clap his hands when he is happy or excited. He would clap his hands when he remembers but both Jeremy and I had to remind him most of the time. He is getting a hang of it now and when we asked him to wave, he will do it where previously, we had to help him wave.

He is also very comfortable at nursery and when I went to collect him yesterday afternoon, they were playing outside and Alex was playing along side the girls but not the boys. All the boys seemed to play in groups even at this age but the girls doing their things individually. It has only been two months since Alex started nursery and we can see the changes in him.

I do hope that he will continue to thrive and I will try not to worry too much. I will now concentrate on what he can do and not worry too much on what he cannot. Perhaps being too overwhelmed by worries that I forgot how to enjoy my son. My little monster is really quite cheeky - he is one huggable and loving monster.

No comments: