Saturday, April 21, 2007

Alex and I went to the park to feed some geese today.

It's quite nice to have my own car again. I felt a whole lot different as if I gain new freedom. I could just grab Alex and off we go to somewhere fun.

We went to Mill Pond - about 10 minutes by car. There's a "balanced pond" - Eco-friendly pond for wild-lives, a well-equipped playground and a McDonald's.

We fed some Mandarin Ducks, Canadian Geese, Swan and Seagulls - yes, I know but there are quite a few seagulls stranded in this part of the country. Alex was really scared initially especially when we threw the first few bits and then all of a sudden, seemed like hundreds of them flew to us. I got scared as well and took Alex to higher ground and then fed them. He totally enjoyed the experience. He also took his first ride on the "merry-go-round", a dare-devil by nature I presume.

I then asked him what he wanted to do - he pulled me to McDonald's - seriously, I am not joking. He had nuggets and drank the whole bottle of Tropicana Orange Juice.

We enjoyed our day out and I will continue to stimulate him by letting him experience something new every week.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes! Continue bringing him to Mickey D. Every penny spent there will pad my pocket (should I say Erin and Joshua's) more. Sale's been good for McD and we are expecting big dividend pay out this year. Woo Hoo.