Monday, April 30, 2007

A good day - I think.

It turns out that today is Alex's last session of the assessment at Margaret Wells-Furby Children's Centre. According to the schedule we were given earlier, he was supposed to attend four sessions and the last one is next Monday. Jeremy asked them this morning to confirm if next week is still on as it is a Bank Holiday Monday. When we went back to collect Alex, one of the Assessors told us that today is the last session and they have done everything they need to with Alex. We will be seeing them in two weeks time to discuss the outcome of the assessments and the way forward. The other two children that were assessed together with him had to go back the week after. I supposed it's good news for us then - they did expressed how happy they were with Alex.

When we got back home, guess what was in the post for me? I was selected "randomly" to perform Jury duty in June. I cannot believe it - most people will try to get out of this if possible but I am looking forward to it. I've always wanted to see what a real trial is and that my input will make a difference.

When I was 17, I told my mother that I wanted to study law - she said "no". I was really upset then but now I knew why - we couldn't afford it at the time. Since then, I have always liked courtroom dramas and novels. At one point last year, I almost volunteered to be a Magistrate after listening to an advertisement for the position on our local radio.

So, was this a good day? I hope the case that I am supposed to sit in doesn't involved anything too ..... I don't want nightmares.

No comments: