Friday, April 13, 2007

It's Friday the 13th.

I don't think I'm superstitious .... in the past, I have flown to few places on Friday the 13th and nothing untoward happened.

Anyway, it's sunny and bright and blue bells all over the place. I would expect them sometime next week but because the weather is so warm, they are early this year. There is no sign of "April Shower" either due to the high pressure and now the wind is bringing the warm air from the East. Hah .... I am suddenly turning into a weather expert. Weather does play a very important role to your mood. I felt 1000% better with this weather compared to the gloomy, wet, cold and miserable weather earlier this year.

Alex got a sticker from nursery today for "Good Behaviour" and I am just so proud of him. With this weather, he has been playing out in the garden everyday and he is not bothered with no TV time.

Jeremy and I borrowed an incinerator from our neighbour and burned all the old fences away. That brought back memories from my childhood again. There's something about burning stuff that is quite therapeutic. We quite enjoyed it but the smell and smoke is awful though.

When we were children (not so long ago), I wouldn't say that our family is pure Buddhist but we do honour the "Goddess of Mercy" and a few other Deities which one would consider "Taoism".
Every first day of the Lunar calender and on the 15th, that's the full moon, we honour our God with joss sticks, candles and offerings (paper money that you burn). Adrinna and I would volunteer to guard the incinerator to ensure that the offerings would all be burnt. We use a long stick to poke through the fire and turn the paper offering around. We enjoyed that ....

No comments: