Saturday, February 17, 2007

"Well, we have decided to give Alex a break. He is not ready for Potty Training yet!

We will try him in 2 weeks and hopefully, it will be easier for him. Too much happening at the same time for such a small person. He just started nursery, we are refurbishing the house, expect him to sleep in his own bed (he has been sleeping with us for sometime), learn to feed himself and now potty training. I could understand why he find it difficult to do it - all his three years of life, he has been doing his stuff in the nappy, being fed etc and we expect him to change overnight? It's just too much to handle.

Jeremy was totally stressed by this and I had to be the calm one. NOT FAIR!!! I am stuck in the middle - I want to be unreasonable for a change, I want to scream and I want to do a lot of stuff but I have a child to think of. So, here I am writing all these down and it helped.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think you are being too hard on yourself. One night without dinner is not going to kill him. If he gets hungry enough, he will eat. Your title is absolutely right on the bullseye, you are helping him by not helping him.