Saturday, February 10, 2007

"Was I being too hard on him?" the words kept churning in my mind while pushing my cart in Sainsburys.

Alex is turning 3 next week and still not potty trained. There were few attempts months ago but failed, I was determined to succeed this time. The thing with Alex is, he is quite contented with his life and bribery does not work. Star charts are a waste of time because he doesn't know the concept of being rewarded.

Everytime I put him on the potty, he just sat there and do nothing. As soon as he gets up, he does it in his pants. I tried being very very patient with him but that failed. So, I tried the hard way, I smacked him on the butt and I know it hurt me more than him. I just do not know what else to do except to keep hoping that he will eventually master this skill tomorrow.

No comments: