Sunday, February 18, 2007

"Gong Xi Fa Cai direct translation from Mandarin means congratulations to prosperity. This is what you normally greet others on Chinese New Year. It's the year of the golden PIG or some would say BOAR depending on individual intepretation.

We had a party for supposedly eleven adults and six children plus some firework display but on the very last minute we only had eight adults including ourselves and five children. Everyone enjoyed themselves. It was a potluck where each guest bring their own dish. Amelia, her husband and son Anson came with a curry chicken - a dish that drew in her man, David ;) June my cousin, her husband Richard and daughter Brenda came with a fried noodles (it was good - I had two helpings) and Jenny, her husband another David with their two children came with a Pandan cake - beautifully done and everyone loved it. Me ? I made steamboat and we had a great time chatting and getting to know each other better.

I spent all day cleaning yesterday and it's all worth it in the end. A new start to a great year and I am really positive about it. Whatever that has been bothering me last year have now come to an end with a promising future.

There is nothing I want more than to have world peace (did I just said that?) Seriously, nothing is more important than health and family. I don't mind winning the lottery either but what I am really looking forward to is the Reader's Digest £250,000 draw next week. I sure hope my positive attitude will attract good fortune - ha haha.

1 comment:

(c) 2016 Written by Andrew Batt said...

Happy Chinese New Year Christine.