Thursday, February 22, 2007

Not much happening since my last blog, but we've had a great day out yesterday to IKEA. We have decided to spend our money on home improvement this year instead of going away.

To think of it, it's quite funny that we rather spend thousands of pound just to go away for a couple of weeks and then feel that we needed another holiday just to recover from the first one. Last year, we've done some travelling especially me with Alex. I think I am quite happy not doing a long-haul flight for sometime.

Anyway, we have done quite a bit to the house lately and both Jeremy and I are in the mood to do more. It's very satisfying to see the house looking nice for a change - not done anything since Alex arrived. And it cost less than you would think - we done all the work ourselves - especially Jeremy.

We started with the bathroom upstairs two years ago, costs us nearly £10,000 and then the kitchen last year while I was away with Alex on our second trip home to Malaysia. Jeremy did most of the work except for a little help from a friend and his dad, of course. The utility area last week and now, our study. I am just so excited to start D.I.Y ing again - brought back great memories where we put up the wardrobe in our room together nearly 4 years ago. This sunday is going to be our fourth anniversary and I don't know what to get Jeremy yet. Any suggestion?

No comments: