Monday, February 12, 2007

"My sister Adrinna called today. She detected some stress in my voice and convince me that I shouldn't put a deadline in potty training my son. I have to agree with her and after all, she knows what she was talking about with two highly gifted kids that I am proud to call my niece and nephews.

We can't expect all kids to be the same. Some get it straight away and others take longer and frankly, it was my fault for not training Alex sooner. He is so comfortable doing it in his pants that sitting on the potty is just to please mum. I have been very patient with him today and not raise my voice once. I just have to persevere and hope he will get it right soon.

Like Adrinna said, a leading paediatrician in US said try him with no pants on all day for two weeks and Seventy Five Dollars later (that's how much you pay for someone to clean your carpet) it will surely work. Well, I'll just have to keep my fingers cross but I will definately put something on him but I am prepared to have my carpet cleaned.

No comments: