Monday, February 26, 2007

Driving home from Alex's nursery, I was in a daze. I dropped him off and was heading to the door when his key carer, Jenni told me that she had arranged for a SENCO (Special Education Need Co-Ordinator) to observe Alex next Monday and if it's OK with me. I agreed as this was discussed about a month ago.

I read an article in Reader's Digest last month about autism and noticed some symptom in Alex and was worried. I told Jenni the next day and she tend to agree with me although she wasn't sure as some children may have similar symptoms but are normal. The more I observed Alex, the less likely he is autistic because he is such a happy child and he knows more than you give him credit.

People say "Mother knows best" but perhaps I was trying not to admit that there is a problem. Maybe, my nightmare does actually have a meaning after all. Could the duvet signify my own secure world of a loving man and a beautiful son? The invisible entity pulling my duvet away was actually telling me that perhaps there is a problem that I refused to admit?

Maybe I am just reading into things too much. But, if Alex does have a problem, what will his future be? I know that we will love him as we do now - what if ?

I will just have to be patient and carry on as usual. Wait for the result from the observation and plan my next move. Maybe it's nothing at all.

1 comment:

(c) 2016 Written by Andrew Batt said...

I think 'Three Blind Mice' merged into 'Twinkle Twinkle' at the end but it was very cute! I wonder if he'll thank you in a few years?
On the more serious subject, too much information can be dangerous. It's easy to jump to conclusions as you know, but I do agree that you, as his mother, will already have that sixth sense that no one else has. I hope you can get the answers you are looking for.