Tuesday, February 27, 2007

I'll like to introduce my godson, Jun Hua a.k.a. Jonathan. He is turning one next month and very advanced for his age. He looks just like his brother Yujiro, whose turning 13 next month (the brothers are my sister Sue's children).

When you live abroad alone and away from your family, you see things differently. Relationships are seldom taken for granted - we used to fight like cats and dogs but now as a family, we are stronger than ever. Distance does make the heart go fonder.

Adrinna and I can understand each other better than anyone else. We got closer over the years and appreciate each other better. As we became mothers, our perspective changed - what used to be important are now petty. Our children comes first and then the rest.

I do wish I could hug one of my sisters now and have them assure me that everything will be fine with Alex.

The next time I see either one of them will be Adrinna. Jeremy, Alex and I will be visiting her in Tallahassee next year for Erin's "Bahmitzva".


No comments: