Monday, February 12, 2007

I feel horrible now. I met with Alex's nursery key carer today and she told me that Alex refused to feed himself and they had to feed him his lunch. He sometimes feed himself depending on what he's given but generally, he hasn't mastered the spoon yet. He can feed himself with a fork though, but he is quite lazy - often ending being fed by me. It was much quicker to feed him than letting him dilly-dallying. It is definately my fault!!!

She said that all the other three year-olds are already feeding themselves and that I should back off a little by letting him try feeding himself. And I did tonight and he ended up without dinner and I feel like a monster. I just wished that someone would tell me that I am doing the right thing.

If someone were to think of a "Potty Training" Camp and "Feeding Yourself" Camp, I'll be the first to enrol. Just imagine, Alex potty trained and can feed himself when they return him to me ..... Hmmm SWEET.

No comments: