Sunday, January 20, 2008

Boing Boing Boing ....

We took Alex to our local Sports Centre for trampolining today. He loved it and seemed to enjoy every minute of it. It was organised by East Berkshire Autistic Support Group and today was just a trial for Alex. The best part of it all was - he could do whatever he wanted - jumping or running or even screaming his lungs off. He liked hearing his own echoes when he screamed.

Did you know that ...... trampolining is a sports and is an event in the Olympics? I did not know this until today when the coach told me. There goes, learned something new today ;-)

It's still early days but if Alex really like this, we will encourage him to be trained properly. Who knows .... he may have talent in this like his cousin Joshua in Gymnastics.

I want Alex to have what I don't as a child but I don't want to be a "pushy mummy" either. It is quite difficult to draw a line as we may sometimes want to live our dreams in our children. I am never passionate about anything and can't say that I have a favourite subject. I really believe that if you start young and get support from you parents, you are more likely to stick to one thing you are good at for life.

We didn't really have the opportunity and support to pursue our dreams because there were too many of us. My mum told me once that she wished she had the means to give us lessons in Ballet, piano or violin. It's hard when you have five children to feed, roof over their head and all the other adult problems as well.

Despite not having ballet lessons or able to play a music instrument, we all turned out all right (I think). I can say for sure that my siblings turned out to be great parents and want the best for their children.

As for me ..... I think I am doing my best and hope that Alex knows that mummy loves him very much.

1 comment:

(c) 2016 Written by Andrew Batt said...

Edgbarrow down in Crowthorne has a trampoline club and is/was the home to some world champions. This was a few years ago now so they might have moved but whenever I went there for the newspapers it was always packed.