Monday, January 28, 2008

I read an article in New York Times today and found that children have an average of 6 to 10 colds a year.

Well, that put my mind to rest as I always thought it's a bit odd that Alex gets the cold so often. I thought I had a "sickly child" - ha ha ha.

I organised a play date for Alex with a friend next week and hope he'll be well by then. It's hard to organise play dates for him. Some mothers do not have such problems and seem to organise play dates for their children all the time. Alex gets invited a few times but I had to decline as he wasn't well.

To be courteous, I wouldn't like to give anyone Alex's cold.

It's hard to decide what is the right thing to do? Be sociable and then be despised because you give their children the cold or being courteous and no one knows you're alive?

Life is full of decisions and doing the right thing doesn't always do you any favour but then again, I cannot live with the consequences of making the wrong decision.

What would other mum's do? Am I thinking too much?

Here's the article I read in NY Times: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/29/health/29fda.html

No comments: