Thursday, January 03, 2008

Alex received his first party invitation today.

I am quite excited for Alex but worry at the same time. He hasn't been to a party before and I do not know what to expect. I can't leave him there and then pick him up later like most mums do - I think. I guess, we'll just have to find out ourselves - there's always a first time.

I called Joseph's mum to RSVP and said we will see her then.

The weather's turned really cold. It's snowing heavily in Scotland and some part of England too. No sign of snow in Bracknell but the wind factor brings the brrrrrrrrrrr out of me. I found myself hugging my duvet all day even with the heating on.

To make things worse, heating our home will be even more expensive in 2008 because of the oil prices - it was announced in the news today that raw oil prices has reached the USD 100 per barrel mark. One major energy provider NPOWER announced their intention to raise energy prices but have not reached an agreement as to how much they intended to raise. Some experts estimated a 15% increase. Not good!

There are of course some good news too - for consumer that is ...... Consumer Electrical Group DSG Retail Ltd who owns Dixon, Currys and PC World announced a poor sales performance during the Christmas season - this means, there's gonna be a BIG sale soon. Well, it makes no difference to me as we have everything we need at the moment.

It's nice to know that I am still in touch with the world - I don't want to be one of those stay at home mums that are too busy to stay in touch with the outside world. I want to be able to have a clever conversation with people when we get invited somewhere.

Alex is starting his Chiropractic treatment tomorrow afternoon and I will need to make notes of the changes and improvements.

Watch this space.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah!! For Alex. So proud of him. Keep it up....and you shall save tons on diapers. LOL. Enjoy his first party. You can stay. Typically parents stay at the parties until the kids are 6 years old minimum anyway.Just the other day, I was just recalling Erin's first party that we have for her with her friends (not first three birthdays with just relatives). I was so stressed that I did not enjoy it one bit. Now that I look back, I am thinking hey that was easy job (Hahaha, it is always easier when we look back). Just like when we were kids in school, the previous year's curriculum was always easier.
Alex is going to take you on so many adventure. First for everything.... ENJOY IT while it last.