Saturday, January 05, 2008

It's exhausting!

It's Day One of Alex's proper potty training today. The first half day, I had to monitor him every 15 minutes, checked his (you know what) to see if he needed to pee. I asked him but he will always say "No" in defiance but as soon as I put him on the toilet, he peed. He's getting quite good at it except the "Mummy, I need to pee" part. He wouldn't tell me that he wanted to go .....

The second half of the day is every 30 minutes. He has been so used to doing it a little at a time in his nappy, it takes time to adjust to the idea that he can do it all at once and not so frequent.

I hope tomorrow will be easier. I could feel my body aching going up and down, in and out of the toilet all day. Lets hope he gets the idea real soon and potty trained by the end of the month.

He had his first Chiropractic treatment yesterday. He went to bed early at about 7:00pm and then woke at 11:00pm - played a bit and then back to sleep at 1:30am. Woke up at 7:30am this morning and was ultra talkative, making a lot of noises and singing all morning. I am not sure if these are due to the treatment or he has been doing it all along and I only noticed this today, because I am making a record of his progress.

One thing I noticed was that he's less tensed. In the past, when I carry him upstairs (when he fell asleep on my lap), he would go all tensed and his body will stretch so long that it's hard to carry him. But, last night was different ..... he was so relaxed and it's much easier to carry him.

His next treatment is on Tuesday next week and I will also be getting a free assessment from Caroline. I have been having backache and neck ache for sometime but like most mums, I don't complain and get on with things ignoring the pain. I should get it checked out and be sure it's nothing serious.

I don't want to wake up one day and find out that it's incurable because I didn't do anything about it earlier. When the body aches or you feel pain, it's a sign that something is not right with your body.

Next week onwards, we will all be very busy because of the long awaited "NAS Early Bird Programme". Jeremy and I will be attending this every week until April.

Alex's Speech and Language Therapy at nursery (I arranged this earlier with Angie, so that his carers at the nursery could attend and practice with him) and Assessments from different departments for Special Education Need statementing will all be happening in the same week.

On top of that, he has Chiropractic treatment twice a week, potty training ..... my oh my ....... my diary is so full, I just don't know what else I can fit in.

One word sums up the first quarter of 2008 ...... EXHAUSTION!

No comments: