Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Home Sweet Home

We drove 2 hours from Tampa to Orlando to catch our flight back to London Gatwick.


Arrived at Orlando in good time. Had Dim Sum at my favourite Chinese Restaurant in International Drive (I go there every time I'm in Orlando.). The food is just as good as I remembered but cost a whole lot more than the last time I was there ... for sure.

The traffic at I4 was busy when we went for lunch. After lunch, I decided to get to the airport early instead of trying to kill time elsewhere .... and get stuck in traffic. Was a mistake as it was smooth sailing from I-Drive. We arrived wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too early as our flight doesn't depart until 6:05pm. We had 5 hours before we fly and found a spot to sit and wait. Meanwhile, Jem and I took turn to go into shops to kill time. Alex on the other hand kept asking to go to the toilet. What's with this child? 

Along the way, I lost my new Eddie Bauer puffer coat .... I am still mourning my lost. I have not even worn it and now it's gone. I hope the coat will go to a good home and not destroyed by the airport authority.

We did not sleep in the plane but Alex did. He had his head on Jem's lap and his feet on mine. We couldn't move but that's OK.

When we arrived at London Gatwick, we pass Immigration in a zap as our flight was mainly Americans and only a handful of Brits returning. Got our luggage in no time but had to wait a whole hour for Alex's booster seat. Tut tut tut!

OK ..... got everything and brave ourselves to face the -4 degree Celsius outside. Got on the bus and head for our car at the long stay car park. 

Guess what? The car would not start. Called RAC and they got to us in 15 minutes. it turned out that the battery was low. Got the car started and we got home around 11am. 

I don't know why our holidays are always stressful. I don't know why we bother to go away in the first place. Spending all that money to stress ourselves further. Need another holiday to recover from the first holiday. I say this every time and we don't learn. I guess we have the case of learning difficulties. Hmmmm ....

Well, we slept all night and woke up at 10am this morning. Did three loads of laundry and another three to go. I have not even though about cleaning the house but that is tomorrow's problem. I am not going to stress my little brain on such small matter.

Stayed in all day and didn't even look out the window. Home Sweet Home!

No comments: