Monday, December 22, 2008

Day 7 - 15 (Tallahassee) Shop till you drop

I cannot believe I'm saying this. Shopping is boring!


There isn't much to do besides shopping and eating in Tallahassee. It's not one of those places a tourist would go. The biggest thing that happened in Tallahassee was the 2000 Election where media around the world came to Tallahassee for the election results. 

It is however, a nice place to live. People are certainly friendlier here than back home but then again, I am meeting all my sister's friends. 

We had a great time here, Alex is very happy with his cousins. Erin adore Alex and Josh played with him quite a bit. We are going to miss them very much. I tried spending more time with my sister as I don't know when I will see her again. 

Alex is speaking more everyday. He is stringing words forming a sentence. Just this morning, he said "Dada meh apple jui" he would previously say "Dada go go apple jui". He is using the word 'make'. 

He also said "I can't get down" the other day (I sat him on the bathroom counter and he wanted to get down).

We took Alex to the park a few times and it's one of the things we can use to keep him calm. He has been very good going in and out of shops with us and when he starts getting fidgety, we'll say .... "Do you want to go to the park?" he will say "OK" and we'll then say that we will go as soon as we finish shopping. It works ... all the time.

Alex has been very close to the family golden retriever, Belle. He is not afraid of her at all and would let her lick his feet. He would sit very close to Belle and stick his feet on her nose. She'll lick him gently and he laugh.

We're so glad that Alex is enjoying himself and can't help to think what would he be like when we get home.

Only 5 days to go but it felt like a long time when you are doing nothing but shopping and eating.


No comments: