Monday, December 01, 2008

The joy of being a mum (sometimes)

My mornings are mostly filled with surprises and laughters (that is when I have enough sleep).

Monday morning .... The first day of December, I was half awaken by a weeping child. He came to my bed at 5:30am and wanted a hug. We cuddled abit and I fell asleep.

7:00am - I was awaken by "oh oh" and then an empty Tupperware on my face. Alex has eaten all the chocolate tea biscuit for breakfast. He then said "mumma .... Apple ju".

I knew there weren't many of those biscuit left in there as Jeremy had them in the study ... he would have eaten most of them. For all I know, Alex might just have licked all the crumbs (one of those life mysteries) off.

Anyway, back to apple juice. Got up, and on my way downstairs, I passed the study and saw ..... Bob the builder book opened, with all the shapes placed correctly. (Alex got this book from his Aunt Susan yesterday and it's one of those 3 in1 books where you can read, place shapes in certain places and press on the shapes to make sounds.) I was well impressed with my son. Further at the corner where the desk is, he placed his fire engine with it's ladder up against the chair. A fully extended measuring tape placed from the desk to the fire engine via the chair ... as if someone is trying to escape from the scene.

Well, if anyone say an Autistic child is lack of imagination, please come see Alex.

I went downstairs to get his juice and I belted out the biggest laughter I've ever made, Alex decorated my scrabble board with the tiles (picture of evidence to follow) around it.

Made his juice and went upstairs. Quickly grab the camera to collect evidence. Turned on the light and what did I see? Alex with a Hitler moustache.

If this is not joy of motherhood, I don't know what is. I count my blessings everyday for having such a delightful son and a loving husband.

No comments: