Saturday, December 13, 2008

Day 6 (Tallahassee) BatMitzvah

Mazeltov Erin! and Happy Birthday!

My beautiful niece is now a young lady. I am so proud of her.

I cannot believe how time flies. My little niece turned 13 and I am not even ready to let her grow. I am extremely proud of her and I know I'll always will.

The Reeds left for the Temple early and the Greens .... as usual take their own sweet time but managed to arrive on time for once. The culprit here is of course ..... Me! I have a serious problem and that is time keeping. There are previously two important occasion that I managed to be on time. My first date with Jeremy and my wedding day.

Being on time for Erin's BatMitzvah is a good omen.

Alex had a short tantrum, refusing to go to our seats, I tried consoling, bribing and anything I could think of to make it less embarrassing .... nothing worked. My last resort .... I pulled him outside and went down on my knees .... No I wasn't begging!

I said to him sternly, "Stop this INSTANTLY! I will not have anymore of your tantrums! Go sit down and be quiet. Do you understand me?"

To my surprise and to Jeremy's .... he went to the seat quietly and remained that way until the end of the service. Two hours later, Alex is still well behaved and we were so proud of him.

After the service, we had lunch and then Disco. Alex danced with me the whole time and at one point, a little girl came to him and asked him to dance. I had to tell her that Alex is shy but thank you for asking though, she looked so disappointed and I look like the control freak mum - LOL

It was a long day but we all enjoyed the occasion.

No comments: