Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Thunder tights, Bingo wings and Jelly belly. What do they have in common?

They reside on my body! I am getting married to the love of my life in two days time and am wondering if Thunder, Bingo and Jelly will miraculously disappear and make me the most beautiful woman for the day.

I was looking at myself in the mirror the other day and tutted while pinching my excesses. Jeremy walked in and said, "you sure look different now compared to when we first met." I looked at him, he very quickly added "there's more to love now". I just could not stop laughing.

I am not offended with his remarks as I tend to agree. I used to spend hours looking after myself before Alex. Since motherhood, the last thing you have in mind is spend hours doing your own manicure and pedicure - I couldn't find the energy.

I know I should take care of myself but after a whole day of getting things done and with Alex to take care of, it's a very different story. The heart is willing but the body is not.

After five years of being together, we decided to make things formal. Jeremy's mum been asking us for years and we think it's about time to tie loose ends.

I am in no doubt that I found "the" one as Jeremy's been a great friend, lover and dad. He makes me laugh, he makes me cry, he makes me mad but at the end of the day, I have never been happier.

Alex will be our page boy and I just wonder if he knows what is happening. It's not a big wedding but most of our guests will have a long way to travel. My sister Adrinna will be my bridesmaid, she is flying in from Tampa and my friend, Tammy will be our witness and she will be driving 3 hours from Shropshire.

I will post videos and pictures of our wedding next week. Meanwhile, this will be the only blog for this week until after the wedding.

1 comment:

(c) 2016 Written by Andrew Batt said...

Christine, Jeremy and Alex. Best wishes for this coming weekend; I can't wait to see the pictures.