Thursday, June 05, 2008

The Oscar goes to ..... Alexander Green!

You think he's only four? Think again as this little budding actor is a master of manipulation by any means. From a brilliant actor to a singing sensation .... (I wished)

When Alex wants something, he wants it NOW and if you say "wait", you will be entertained by a puppy dog eyes, pouty lips and tears on demand. I just cannot stop laughing when he does that. I know I shouldn't and laughing means encouraging but I cannot help it.

He can also sing his way to getting what he wanted. Jeremy always say this to Alex .... "To get something, you have to give something back".

I was entertained to the fullest by my little actor this morning. Alex came to my room at 4:30am and he slept next to me until 5:30am. He can't wait any longer and said "Ma ma .... juice" I ignored him for the first three times. At 5:45am, he said "Ma ma ....." I opened one eye and said "go to sleep ... it's too early". At 5:59am ..... puppy dog eyes, pouty lips, tears on demand and "Ma ... maa .... juice". I gave up and went downstairs to get his juice. As soon as he saw his juice bottle, he has the sweetest smile you've ever seen.

Alex is a creature of habit. He always have his juice and then shower before breakfast. After guzzling the whole bottle of juice, he asked to have his "bath" (can't say shower, bath means the same). I said too early. The look again and I said "STOP and NO MORE". He sat quietly and 30 seconds later "Bath". I gave up .... I said OK ... only if you sing for mummy.

He sang "Baa baa black sheep" using only the word "bath" all the way through. How do you ignore such a child?

Is persistence a virtue?

No comments: