Sunday, June 29, 2008



Here's a snippet of our wedding ceremony yesterday.

Everything that you expect a wedding to be .... forget it!

It all started with me walking down the aisle towards Jeremy and the Registrars. (I stayed at the hotel on Friday night because I didn't want Jeremy to see me in my dress.) When I entered the room and walking towards Jeremy, the look on his face started a little giggle in me. He has the most serious face (I found out later that he wanted to stop himself from crying in front of his friends, hence the serious face) I have ever seen in the five years we've been together.

When the Registrar asked us to hold hands and confirm our names, I could not stop giggling. All my friends/guests thought I was crying/sobbing as I had my back facing them. And then, I burst out laughing and the whole room laugh with me. The Registrar looked at me in horror and asked if I was alright. I said "I am drunk". I don't know why I said that but it was all recorded in our wedding video. (I had a small glass of champagne in my room before the ceremony to calm my nerve. Since I am not a regular drinker, I get rather tipsy with just a sip of alcohol.)

Then came the question (watch video).

When we gave each other our ring as a promise to respect and love, it was again another moment of laughter. The whole room burst into laughter when Jeremy put the ring on my finger. You have to watch the video to understand what a day we had. Even the very serious Registrar made a joke to complete our fun-filled afternoon.

After the Reception, a few of our friends joined us for drinks at home and watched the wedding video together. And then, they knew why I laughed.

Adrinna made a very touching toast. She cried, I cried, my make-up smudged and I really appreciate her flying all the way to attend our wedding.

Yesterday was the best day in my life. I married the love of my life, we had with us ... those closest to our heart and it was a beautiful day.

No comments: