Friday, June 06, 2008

I love you too.


Last night, Alex cried for "Ma ma" at 2:00am. I went to his room to give him a hug and he hugged back with intensity. Alex is a very passionate child and when he give love, it hurts .... seriously .... literally HURT ... ouch!

I then asked him if he wanted to pee and he said yes. Took him to the toilet ... did his business and then put him back on his own bed. I said "night night" and he said "nite nite". I turned around and said "love you" and he said "mm mm mm mm", deep down I knew he said "I love you too".  

This morning, Alex said a new word "Marb" (meaning mark). He led his dad all over the house looking at things and counting them. This time, it's radiators - went around the house and pointed at one in the back bedroom and said "marb". We were both cracking our head trying to figure out what he was trying to say - he then went to the radiator and pointed at one small mark on the top of the unit. You could hardly see it but with "Wonder Eyes", he can see the smallest mark and make a big statement.

Alex can hear an aeroplane long before we can and he can see tiny dots on the window that only upon close examination, you can see them. His sight were tested about eight months ago as 20/20 and his hearing excellent. I don't know how they can test him when he can't talk but they can. I am glad that Alex has good sight, something he got from me. If he is anything like Jeremy, he would be blind as a bat.

Jeremy and Alex has been very close lately and I feel a flutter in my stomach when I see them together. 

When I was young, I have always wanted my future children to have a great relationship with me and their dad. My dad is a typical old fashion Chinese dad who doesn't believe in saying I love you or hugging. I watched a lot of American Tele when I was young and see children hugging their dad and saying I love you. I always wanted that and sadly, we were not brought up that way. That's why, I want my own family to be loving and let each other know how we felt. 

Life is too short and you may never know how long you have in this world .... Don't bottle up your feelings!

No comments: