Monday, July 28, 2008

Summer Holiday ..... is it hurray or bother?

Live's upside down when it comes to school holidays .... especially the long ones.

Is it me (us) or all parents are the same? We feel that we MUST do something or go somewhere with the children when they are perfectly happy staying at home playing with their toys?

I feel I must do something with Alex when he is not going to school to stimulate his mind. I don't want him to sit at home all day watching "Bob the Builder" (his new favourite or some may call it obsession).

I've done so much with him that I can't even remember what I did with him (if that make sense).

Anyway, trying hard here to remember what we did since my last blog. Here goes .....

Wednesday .... first day of school holiday - can't remember

Thursday .... second day of school holiday - have no clue

Friday ... this I remember. Went to our Friends of EarlyBird Get-together. I set this group up two months ago and this week has the best turn up so far.

Most of our children goes to Rainbow and Alex had a great time playing with them. Watching the children play together makes one question if the Triad of Impairment is actually correct. They certainly do not lack of social imagination as they were playing monsters and boats.

Alex is one cheeky devil and liked to annoy the girls and make them scream. Holly said, Alex is a monster and so is Joseph. It made me laugh so hard.

The girls were in a tent and then Alex joined them. The girls were quite bossy especially Holly, she said "Alex take off your shoes if you want to come in". Alex being a very obedient boy do as he was told. Lily then said "Thank you for taking your shoes off, Alex". I was watching at the side while the other parents were chatting away. They were playing so politely and then, 30 minutes later, Joseph arrived and the whole politely situation is history as the number of boys equals the number of girls and all hell break loose. The boys especially Alex push the tent while the girls are still inside and made them scream. Alex then ran away laughing and then it was Joseph's turn pushing the tent. It was hilarious watching them.

Joseph is a cute little red head and he was like Alex when he joined Rainbow ... no speech. Six months later, he spoke well. I do hope Alex is like that in 6 months time.

The children played well together with no tantrums. It was a pleasant afternoon and we look forward to our next get-together in two weeks time.

After that, Alex came to Sainsburys with me and he was one helpful boy. All in all, I am very proud of my boy.

Saturday, went to Grandparent's home for lunch. After lunch, Grandad took the ornamental garden sprinkler out and spontaneously, we allow Alex to play in the garden with the sprinkler. It was really hot - about 28 degree Celsius. Took all his clothes off except his underpants. He was playing happily and the look on his face makes me want to get one for him at home.

Sunday. Jeremy went to work and we are all alone at home. I decided to take Alex to Toys'r'us to get a garden sprinkler. He led my hand and took me all over Toys'r'us aimlessly and then finally to the checkout. We didn't find one as the only one they had was twenty pounds - too much to pay for a sprinkler. Thought we might get one in Argos .... nope, they don't have one either. One final place, Homebase and found one for a tenner. Got home and hook it up ..... not working! Looks like .... we have to keep looking.

Well, that's our week, some memorable and some complete blank. It's old age I tell ya ....

No comments: