Monday, July 07, 2008

Good waiting Alex.

Alex is getting good at waiting but not all the time though. I know I am the biggest culprit as I often give him what he wanted straight away to avoid tears and tantrums.

This morning, Alex woke at 5:25am and went to play in the playroom. He came to me at 5:43am and asked for his juice. He pulled the duvet off me and pulled my fingers ... indicating that I want you up and get my juice you lazy mummy.

I looked at my bedside digital clock and it read 5:43. I said "too early Alex, can you wait?" He looked at me .... giving me the most pitiful look and his lips started to purse. I said, "Wait until the clock turn 6:00" he then said OK.

He slept by my side, all the time looking at the clock. Very quiet and very good.

The clock then turned 6:00 he started to flap his arms in excitement and didn't say anything. I knew it was time and then asked him "what is mummy supposed to do when the clock turn 6:00?"

He flapped his hands again and stood up and started to jump on the spot. He was just so excited and then he said "Juice". I had to get up and make him his juice as he was so good ... to be able to wait for 15 minutes ..... it's unheard of.

I could have got up at 5:43 and gave him what he wanted when he pursed his lips but I stood by what I said.

The end result, Alex has proven that he can wait when you want him to.

No comments: