Monday, July 21, 2008

Found this video by accident about Apraxia of Speech or Childhood Verbal Apraxia.

A very interesting video to watch and perhaps answer some of my doubt about Alex being diagnosed with ASD.

Don't get me wrong. I am not in denial that my son is Autistic but perhaps there is a small chance that he might be misdiagnosed. Whether he is misdiagnosed or not, we benefited from the knowledge and understanding of autism.

We had the End of Term Party at Rainbow today. Meeting teachers and other parents of children going to Rainbow. I brought the subject of Apraxia of Speech to Becca, the Speech and Language Therapist. She told me that it's too early to diagnosed Alex as he just started to talk. The teachers are really impressed with his progress.

As usual, Alex stole the attention of everyone in the room. He belted out "Happy Birthday" out of nowhere and then clapped after he finished the song. Everyone joined in clapping and then he started to sing again.

Just so proud of him. He is one happy boy and everyone seem to fall in love with him.

No comments: