Sunday, July 20, 2008

48 hours

Progress, regress and then progress again. All within 48 hours.

Alex has been really good on Friday. He went to the toilet on his own first thing in the morning. He did not make a fuss or ask for help like he usually do. I was awake by then and knew what he was doing and stayed in bed to listen. He then went to his playroom and started his morning.

I tiptoed to the toilet and check if he was doing it right. Toilet seat's up, pee in the toilet with no spillage. I checked the floor and it was dry - WOW! I couldn't believe my eyes. I then went to the playroom to see if he had his pants on, and yes he had it on. Again, WOW!

Me being me, cannot hold my joy went to his playroom and gave him a big hug and lots of praise. BIG MISTAKE .... I was not allowed to get back to bed. He insist that I stayed with him ..... 5:30am.

His grandparents came later in the morning and while we were having our chat and tea, Alex went to the toilet again .... on his own and did not ask for help. As he closed the door behind him, I ran to the toilet to listen from outside and being very quiet, I peeked inside and saw ..... Alex standing, holding his crown jewel and pee. He then shake it a bit and pull his pants up.

I was gobsmacked! All this while, I thought Alex couldn't do any of these and he always insist that I do it for him - pull his pants up.

OK, he got a standing ovation from his grandparents who probably thinks his poo smelt like roses .... (actually I do too). He was so happy and was very good all day.

All the excitement and then went to school, he came home pretty tired and went to bed earlier than usual. That means, I don't have time to do my usual ritual with him like getting him to pee an hour before bedtime and then at bedtime.

Saturday morning, he woke up at 4:30am and went straight to the toilet. He had the toilet seat up and then went to the playroom without doing anything. I was listening and was a bit surprise that nothing happened. I woke up and went to see him. He sat on the floor, semi naked, pants next to him, wet all the way. He looked at me as if in embarrassment and then gave a big hug.

I am not a bit surprise as he went to bed early. I went to check on his bed and it was soaked all over. Hooray! I have another load of laundry to wash .... what a joy!

Not a good start to the day and the rest of the day was the same ..... awful.

Alex was very demanding of my attention, he wanted me to take him to the toilet and when I said "you do it", he went to the toilet and peed on the floor and the floor mat. I was at my wits end when I saw what he did and gave him a slap on the bottom. He yelped and then gave me a big hug as if he was sorry. Alex doesn't like angry faces and he will do anything to put a smile on an angry face. As usual, he succeeded.

Another load of washing, floor mats. What a %&#$@ day.

I was really tired by 1pm and took Alex for a nap with me. He woke me at 3pm and then said "Mama ... blue sky" and then he went to pull up the blind. We stayed in bed together looking out the big window. Blue sky and clouds floating by and Alex was singing. We had a good 30 minutes of quality time, enjoying the beautiful sky.

He didn't go to bed until 10pm last night.

Woke up this morning at 5:30am - his usual time. Went to the toilet and do his stuff ... on his own and no spillage.

I guess his regression is due to a bad start in the morning. It's like waking up on the wrong side of bed for the adults. He has been dry at night for sometime now and an accident at night is quite traumatic for a four year old (I guess).

No comments: